Bus Stop Guidelines for All Ages
- Bus stops are placed in a location that is best for all riders in your area. Beech Grove City Schools cannot provide door-to-door service.
- Some of our sub-divisions do not have sidewalks and some are poorly lit. Therefore, it is important to remember that parents are responsible for the safety of the student to and from the bus stop.
- Bus stops for students will be placed in the same location (or across the street) as the stops on the morning and afternoon routes to avoid confusing the children and keeping ride times to a reasonable length.
- Students must be at the stop a least five (5) minutes before the scheduled pick-up and parents for the drop-off time. Do not wait inside the house for the bus stop. If the driver does not see anyone at the stop, he/she will continue on without stopping.
- School buses have many "blind spots" where the driver is unable to see children running for the bus. While it may seem as the driver looked at the child running for the bus, in fact, the driver is checking the mirrors and will not see the child. For the safety of the child, please be on time.
- When waiting for the bus, stand still and at least 10 feet away from the bus stop as the bus approaches. Never run towards the bus.
- If your child has to cross the road, ALWAYS do so in front of the bus and WAIT until the driver signals your child that it is safe to cross. As always, look both ways before crossing the street.
- Dropped books, papers, or toys should never be retrieved from under the bus. Let the driver know if something fell under the bus. The driver will be very happy to help.
- Never, ever run after a moving bus! If your child missed the bus, call the transportation department (787-1258), and we may be able to get the driver to come back around if possible.