- Spring Break - March 19-30
- Miss Raker's Class Collects 300 cans for Food Drive!
- Mrs. Probus Leads Community Meeting
- Student of the Month
Welcome to Hornet Park!
- Welcome to Hornet Park Elementary School! Our primary elementary school is comprised of all-day kindergarten and first grade. For many of you, the partnership between home and Beech Grove City Schools begins as you enter the doors of Hornet Park. Let me be the first to offer a hand of invitation and collaboration in the journey of your child’s education.
Our focus at Hornet Park Elementary is to build a strong educational foundation from which your child will develop as they progress through Beech Grove City Schools and into adulthood. We support each child by focusing our instruction on key standards, monitoring student progress and performance, and adapting our lessons to meet individual student needs. We work diligently to help our students grow not only academically, but also socially and emotionally. At Hornet Park, we expect excellence from our students and ourselves each day!
Our decisions and actions are based upon and grounded in our district core values. These include high expectations, social responsibility, alignment, continuous improvement, evidence-based decision making, shared leadership, and enjoyment. Here at Hornet Park, we realize our efforts are multiplied by working as a united team with the community beyond our school walls in efforts to optimize our students’ learning. We foster this shared focus through working together with families, volunteers, PTO, and School-Community Council. We greatly value the opportunity to walk alongside our community, behind our students, as they learn and grow.
Parent Welcome Letter
Welcome Night Video
Non-Discrimination Policy: Beech Grove City Schools does not discriminate on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, sex (including transgender status, sexual orientation, and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, or genetic information which are classes protected by Federal and/or State law (collectively, "Protective Classes"), occurring in the corporation's employment opportunities, programs, and/or activities, or, if initially occurring off Corporation grounds or outside the Corporation's employment opportunities, programs, and activities, affecting the corporation environment. The Corporation Compliance Officer is Dr. Thomas Keeley, Assistant Superintendent for Business and Personnel, (317) 788-4481.
5517 Anti-Harassment Policy
5517 F2 Alleged Harassment Investigative Report
- Mission Statement: Hornet Park Elementary School, in partnership with parents and the community, is committed to building a culture of excellence and an experience rich environment. Children will be continuously challenged to meet high academic standards and to become confident, responsible, lifelong learners as they begin a successful journey across the bridge to tomorrow.
New YMCA Before/After School Program
The YMCA will be offering a new Before/After School program at Hornet Park for the 2016-2017 school year.
Find out more information here.
Go to top.